Best URL shorteners: Are you one of those who tried to share your new blog link, but were unable to do so because of a long and ugly looking URL? Even some social media platforms have character limits, which restrict you from sharing long links with catchy descriptions. Don’t worry; every problem has a solution, so for long URLs, there are plenty of URL shorteners available to tighten your link so that it looks nice and pretty to be clicked.
If you are not aware of what URL Shortener is? Let us tell you first.
A URL shortener or link shortener is a tool that allows you to shorten your link so that it looks functional and beautiful. Some of the link shortener tools will enable you to track your tighten link like who is clicking, how much do you get, on which platform the link is shared, etc.
Most of the people use the tool but are not aware of the benefits of shortening the URL. So, here are the benefits of link shortening.
- It helps your link to look more appealing
- Creating a custom URL will help you to promote your brand to the audience
- Helps to fit links at platforms with character limits such as Twitter. Although Twitter allowed 280 characters but still sometimes, they seem to be less to express.
- It helps you to get more clicks as compared to long links
- Shortening tools
Here are the top 5 Best URL shorteners for you:
1. Bitly – Best URL Shortener
- Free plan: Yes
- Paid plan: From $35/month
Bitly is one of the most popular URL shortener on the internet these days. The tool is one of the most trusted and used by big companies like NIKE, Amazon, ESPN. The tool is very easy to access and allows you to create short links in just seconds.
Bitly also gives you services like tracking your links, engagements, and much more.
Bitly is one of the most loved free URL shorteners. It allows you to create a free account in which you can customize your link. But if you opt for a paid plan, it will add on more features like 1,500 Branded Links, One free custom domain. It allows you to create as many short links as you want.
How to create a short URL in Bitly:
- Copy your link which you want to make short.
- Go to Bitly URL Shortener.
- Paste your link in the box provided
- Click Shorten.
- Here is your short link, copy your short link and paste on the clipboard for further use.
Best URL Shorteners: Rebrandly, the name itself describes rebranding. Rebrandly URL shortener is a perfect tool to customize and create a brand’s URL to leave a great impression over the customers in the vast digital competitive ocean.
It starts with helping you to frame up a website’s domain name so that it can be used with each shortened link created. It’s just a basic feature as Rebrandly is loaded with more features as well-
- Rebrandly helps you to create QR Codes, fast redirect option, and custom URL by changing slugs. It comes with a great feature to create links in bulk, which is the best time-saver.
- Rebrandly provides you analytics so that you can analyze your campaigns and create custom reports to share your progress with your clients.
- This Link Shortener tool helps to manage domain names like adding numerous domain names, link encryption with HTTPS, and setting up the main domain redirection.
Price of Rebrandly- Provides a limited free plan supporting 500 links and 5,000 clicks per month
- Starter – $29
- Pro – $69
- Premium – $499
- Enterprise – talk to sales
T2M is another URL Shortener online tool providing an excellent service to shrink your link and helps to analyze by providing a stuffed dashboard with stats and link tracker. Here you will create your own custom branded links for a lifetime, creating links in bulk to save time and efforts.
Other than this, T2M provides great features to be noted out:
- T2M makes it easier to geographical targeting
- Analytics to analyze and track the stats of links
- 404 redirects
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
- Inbuilt GDPR privacy
- Password protected links
The starter plan price is $5, and then it will be free forever, having tracking limits and URL creation. And premium plans begin with $9.99 per month, having access to some advance features.
TinyURL is the free link shortener in this list. This tool is free of cost since it was produced in 2002. This online link shortener is one the easy to use, and trustable tool as links created by TinyURL are life long that means you will never face any broken link problem.
To create your short URL, enter your link and click on make URL and boom, your tiny link is ready to use. Just in seconds, you created a tiny link with ease. Even if the tool is free, the links will never expire, which makes everyone love this tool. Not only this, but this tool also provides a feature of self-branding, which means you can change the slug or end portion of your tiny URL.
To make it more comfortable, you can download the TinyURL extension and set up in the browser, and you can easily shorten your link without even going to their website.
Best URL Shorteners: This tool is a part of Hootsuite’s project, and this is the tool that is also recommended by the one and only Google as an alternative of its own tool i.e., goo.gl.
This tool can be a supportive hand to social media people as this tool provides a feature that allows you to share the shortened link at 10 or more social media platforms at one click. Yes, you heard it right, just one click and your short URL will be shared at more than 10 platforms.
Ow.ly provides great analytic tools at the dashboard, which helps to track the links and success you gain. One can easily track and analyze the link’s performance.
Hootsuite’s paid plan starts at $29/month. It sounds a bit costly, but it includes social media management tools for which the tool is famous.